Jose Mourinho Reveals Truth About Neymar's Transfer Links to Fenerbahce

‎Jose Mourinho has dismissed rumors linking Neymar with a transfer to Fenerbahce. The Brazilian superstar recently signed a contract extension with Santos running until the end of 2025, ending speculation over a potential move.
Jose Mourinho confirms Neymar isn’t moving to Fenerbahce. The Brazilian star is focused on World Cup 2026 and shining for Santos after signing a new contract.
‎Getty Images (2)
‎The former Real Madrid manager emphasized that Neymar was never concerned by reports of interest from the Turkish club. Mourinho highlighted the forward’s ability to control his own career decisions without external pressure.
‎“There wasn’t anything. I don’t think he cares,” Mourinho said regarding Fenerbahce’s supposed approach. “He can choose his future and where he’s happiest. He’s already won the biggest competition in Europe, he’s won financially in Saudi Arabia. Now he’s back in Brazil, to his passion.”
‎Mourinho pointed out that Neymar’s primary focus now lies with achieving World Cup success with Brazil. At 33 years old, the forward is motivated by the 2026 tournament, seeking to overcome past disappointments with the national team.
‎Santos recently suffered a heavy 6-0 defeat to Vasco da Gama in the Brazilian Serie A, with former Barcelona teammate Philippe Coutinho scoring twice. Neymar struggled during the match but will have an opportunity to respond in the upcoming clash against Bahia on Sunday.
‎Carlo Ancelotti is closely monitoring Neymar’s performances as he prepares to submit his final Brazil squad for the upcoming World Cup qualifiers on August 25, making every appearance crucial for the star forward.

Comments

TRENDING!

‎Trent Alexander-Arnold Benched as Xabi Alonso Names Surprise Real Madrid XI vs Real Oviedo

Mohamed Salah Wins PFA Players' Player of the Year 2025 After 29 Goals and 18 Assists

‎'I Could Have Been Sacked!': Pep Guardiola Reveals What Saved His Manchester City Job After Poor 2024-25 Season

Man Utd Told to Appoint Dyche After Latest Amorim Humiliation

‎Antony Eyes Manchester United Exit as Real Betis Prepares Fresh £85m Bid‎

‎Manchester United Close to €20m Deal for Senne Lammens as Ruben Amorim Reshapes Squad

All Chelsea transfers for the 2025-26 season: Full list of signings and departures so far

Man City's crisis: What's really going on and what Guardiola can learn from Mourinho's playbook

Claudio Echeverri Joins Bayer Leverkusen on Loan from Manchester City: Midfield Reinforcement for Bundesliga